The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc.
The Material Handling Education Foundation, Inc. (www.mhefi.net) is an independent charitable organization that was established in 1976 with a mission to promote the study of material handling, logistics and supply chains by exposing students and educators to the industry through financial support. Since 1976, more than $2.5 million in scholarships and grants have been awarded to students at colleges and universities in the United States and Canada. Forty-five scholarships were awarded for the 2017/2018 academic term for a total of $146,100.
The Foundation will offer scholarship award opportunities to students who are committed to studying material handling, supply chain and logistics for the 2018/2019 academic term. Scholarship awards range from $1,500 to $6,000 and are made up of funds from the Foundation and the Howard Bernstein Industrial Distribution Scholarship Program. One application allows students to compete for multiple scholarships offered by the Foundation.
- Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical and Civil Engineering
- Engineering Technology & Management
- Industrial Distribution
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Business Administration with an emphasis in production management, industrial distribution, supply chain or logistics
- Supply Chain Management
Post-secondary schools in the United States or Canada are eligible if they were on the previous pre-qualified list here http://www.mhi.org/mhefi/scholarship or if they have the following accreditation(s):
Scholarship eligibility and criteria include:
- Post-secondary students enrolled in a qualified school and eligible program in the United States or Canada. For the 2018/2019 academic term, students must be:
- Masters Degree Student
- PhD Student
- Students from junior and community colleges or other two-year post-secondary schools are eligible if the student has completed a minimum of two years of study and has been accepted as a transfer student to an eligible four-year baccalaureate program at a qualified school in the United States and Canada.
- Applicants must be full-time students with a "B" grade point average in their current degree program.
Instructions to apply for scholarships:
- Complete the online application at https://MHEFI.fluidreview.com. One application allows students to compete for one of the many available scholarships.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters can be written by full-time faculty members at your current or previous school, supervisor from an internship, co-op or employer or any other person who may be able to attest to your performance in school or at work. The recommendation letters are a good way for the judges to get to know you better.
- Letters of Recommendation must be sent to the Foundation directly from the author. Please note . . . We cannot accept Letters of Recommendation directly from the students since the letters cannot be authenticated. The authors should e-mail the letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official transcripts of all academic work completed beyond high school. Official transcripts must be sent to the Foundation directly from the Registrar’s office or equivalent office at the school. Official transcripts can be sent two ways:
- Preferred - Via e-mail from the school with a secure download link sent to email@example.com.
- Via regular postal mail directly from the school to Donna Varner at MHEFI, 8720 Red Oak Blvd., Suite 201, Charlotte, NC 28217.
Please note . . . International Master's Degree or PhD students do not have to provide international transcripts from their Bachelor's Degree as long as they are currently enrolled in an eligible school and in an eligible program in the United States or Canada and their current US or Canada transcripts can be provided.
The online application, three letters of recommendation and all official transcripts must be received in the Foundation offices by March 31, 2018.
Scholarship awards for the 2018/2019 academic term will be announced by April 30, 2018.
Questions may be sent to Donna Varner, MHEFI Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.